I Must Pass My JAMB Examination This Year 2019
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Examination (JAMB) is a yearly examination for Nigerian students in SS3, preparing for WAEC and NECO and for those who have made five credits and above at a sitting or two sittings to gain admission into any of the Nigerian Universities.
Is a must pass examination and must read post among candidates who aspire to enter the university, since is the only acceptable option opened to candidates to gain entry into any of the Nigerian Universities.
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Examination has in recent time modified it to a computer based examination, hence every candidate is enjoined to be computer literate to be able to tackle this very important examination to qualify you into any of the Universities in Nigeria this year 2019.
This post is therefore meant to inculcate in every candidate to make this declaration: ‘I must pass my JAMB examination this year 2019. In addition to this declaration, I will not only pass, but score above 300 this year 2019.
However, a candidate should note that a declaration without stages of hard work and strong determination to make it is as good as dead. So you must start now to prepare in order to make this declaration ‘I must pass my JAMB examination this year 2019 a reality’.
Here are the steps you must take:
- REGISTER FOR THE EXAMINATION: Registration qualifies you as a candidate to sit for the examination. Here a candidate is given examination centre and the date for the examination after registration.
- HAVE THE RELEVANT TEXT BOOKS OR MATERIALS: This is one of the most important steps a candidate must take. Once you have gotten the relevant text books or materials, then the ball is in your cut to passing the exams. Relevant text books in this regard refer to simplified, elaborate texts, that when you read, you understand so easily. This is one of the important steps you must take to pass the JAMB Exams this year 2019.
- CREATE A TIMETABLE FOR YOURSELF: This is very important. To create a time table is a declaration that this year 2019, this is how I should read omnivorously (read hungrily) for my exams because passing JAMB is a must. The timetable consciously guide you to read the registered subjects without leaving one behind.
- LAYING HANDS ON PAST JAMB QUESTIONS: This is different from the relevant text or materials because when you read, you see how questions are asked and the technicalities of answering them in relation to your field of study. The past questions are supposed to be a guide in answering subsequent examination questions especially when some questions are repeated. Above all, do not hesitate to meet your teacher to guide you.
- LONG PERIOD OF PREPARATION: Rome they say ‘was not built in a day’. Therefore, long time study widens your horizon, build your confidence and courage both physically, mentally to do your best in the exams. For instance, a candidate who believes in last hour rush could breakdown or lost out completely. Note JAMB EXAMS is same as other exams you have taken before NOW that brought you to that level. So is no big deal. This is why some brilliant students perform poorly in their examinations and in most cases, attribute it to unforeseen circumstances. Do not think of an alternative route to make it or hope the person that will sit by your side on the examination day will help you. Once you have read, be confident in yourself that you must PASS the examination THIS YEAR 2019.
- JOIN GROUP TO SHARE IDEAS: Examination periods are periods for group lessons or tutorials among your mates who have same intents. The importance of this is that you develop or have mental pictures of what you should expect and how to go about it. Is another avenue of sharing ideas and technicalities among your mates in answering questions brilliantly.
- HAVE COMPUTER TRAINING: This has become very necessary since JAMB examinations are computer based. Any serious minded candidate should as a matter of fact embark on a short computer training programme to acquaint him or her of computer knowledge. Don’t wait till the examination day. Many candidates who came to me for short training programme narrated how they felt since a number of them have not operated a computer up till now. A week or two week training could be enough, depending on your rate of assimilation to operate a computer. That gives you the confidence that this year 2019, I must pass my JAMB examination.
- MOCK EXAMINATION: This is one area a candidate must participate in. JAMB MOCK EXAMS is designed for candidates who registered for this examination to know what to expect and how to answer questions in relation to JAMB EXAMINATION proper. So a candidate is advised to register for JAMB mock exams since is not compulsory for all candidates except those who registered for the mock. It removes fear and helps to build in you that strong confidence to pass the real JAMB examination this year 2019.
- WRITING THE EXAMINATION: This is the climax of the whole exercise. The first thing you should do is when you have taken your seat in the hall, pray to God for retentive memory. God first! And before attempting any question, read the instructions carefully. Don’t jump into answering any question without knowing what and what not is required of you. This issue has ruined many candidates ability to pass because they did not read what the instruction says. Remain calm, cool and confident in yourself and you must PASS JAMB examination THIS YEAR 2019 WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM.
AVOID NEGATIVE TENDENCIES
If you must PASS JAMB examination THIS YEAR 2019, you must avoid the following negative tendencies:
- AVOID FEAR: Yes! irrational fear or unnecessary tension could make a candidate to fail woefully. That will not be your portion in the Name of Jesus. When you have read your books and follow the laid down procedures, passing JAMB examination in 2019 is a must. Note, they will not go outside your syllabus or scheme of work. Even if they digress a little, this should not throw you off balance, because exams are meant to test your intelligence ability. Fear could drive you to make a COSTLY MISTAKE and this will not be good for a candidate who has read so hard or prepared mentally and physically for an examination like the JAMB examination.
- BE TIME CONSCIOUS: Do not forget the time limit for the exams. Unlike WAEC or NECO, JAMB questions set, are mainly objectives and require strict adherence to time. NOTE ALSO, that when you have exceeded time, since is computer based, it automatically stops your access. You must be focused and straight to the point and avoid guess work. Any work that appears to be too difficult SHOULD either be SKIPPED or SUSPENDED and probably be revisited if time permits so as to be able to attempt other simpler questions. Do not spend so much time on each question.
- OVERZEALOUSNESS: Like I said earlier on, be calm and confident. Don’t create unnecessary tension within you. If you are too overzealous, you could miss vital points or completely disorganized. This is why some brilliant students perform below expectations in JAMB examinations and any other exams and they blame it on victimization on the part of the examiner.
Please, I enjoin you to read my post on the Secret To Pass The UTME Examinations In Nigeria.
In conclusion, there is no magic to passing any examination and indeed JAMB examinations in Nigeria without adequate preparations. There is no alternative way to passing any examination other than to register for the exams, have the relevant text books, make adequate preparations by reading so hard and be confident in yourself. When you have followed the above mentioned steps and avoid those negative tendencies, NO DOUBT, the declaration that I MUST PASS JAMB EXAMINATION THIS YEAR 2019 becomes a reality.