Cholesterol by Cambridge Dictionary’s definition is simply a substance containing a lot of fat that is found in the body tissue and blood of all animals, thought to be part of the cause of heart disease if there is too much of it. In other words, a fatty substance that is found in the body tissue and blood of all animals. This substance however, can be good or bad depending on the levels of concentration.
Facts About Cholesterol
- Over concentration of cholesterol level is dangerous to health. This can cause heart disease or having a stroke or even lead to death.
- High level of cholesterol can be found in a slim or fat person.
- High level of cholesterol can build up in a person as a result of foods consumed from fatty substance.
- Anyone living with high level of cholesterol feels weak always even when he or she has not performed any tedious work.
To maintain healthy cholesterol level in the body therefore, one needs a normal or good level, an essential substance for the body to keep your heart healthy. This can lower chances of getting heart disease or having stroke which can ultimately lead to death.
What To Do To Maintain Normal Cholesterol level
- Refrain from foods that are alarmingly high in cholesterol. Yes! Changing the foods you eat can lower your cholesterol and improve the armada of fats blocking your bloodstream.
- Our health is traceable to our diet since cooked and junk foods we take, destroy all enzymatic activities in it and is the cause of diseases and sicknesses we experience. The various foods we get are in two categories. We have alkaline-based foods and the acid-based food.
When we eat raw fruits and raw vegetables, they leave an alkaline normal range, while when we eat animal products we are left with an acid residue which is dangerous to the health.
It has been argued too that different foods lower cholesterol in different ways. Some deliver soluble fibre, which binds cholesterol and its precursors in the digestive system and drags them out of the body before they get into circulation.
- Consumption of some foods can help lower or improve your cholesterol level. They are:
Oats: A bowl of oatmeal or cold oat-based cereal for breakfast can help a great deal. It gives you 1 or 2 grams of soluble fibre. Add a banana or some strawberries for another half-grain. Current nutrition guidelines recommend getting 20 to 35 grams of fibre a day with at least 5 to 10 grams coming from soluble fiber.
Nuts: A bushel of studies show that eating almonds, walnuts, peanuts, cashew nuts and other nuts is good for the heart. Eating two ounces of nuts a day can slightly lower LDL, on the order of five percent. Nuts have additional nutrients that protect the heart in other ways.
Vegetable Oils: using liquid vegetable oils such as canola, sunflower, safflower and others in place of butter, lard or shortening when cooking or at the table helps lower your high concentration of cholesterol.
Beans: are believed to rich in soluble fibre. They also take a while for the body to digest, meaning you feel full for longer after a meal. That’s one reason beans are a useful food for people trying to lose weight. Beans are very versatile foods and highly recommended in this regard.
Apples, Grapes Strawberries, Citrus fruits are rich in pectin, a type of soluble fibre that lowers LDL.
Barley and other whole grains: like oats and oat bran barley and other whole grains can help lower the risk of heart disease, mainly via the soluble fibre they deliver.
Soy: It is equally recommended that consumption of soybeans and foods made from them like tofu and soy milk, was once discovered as a powerful way to lower cholesterol. Researches have shown that the effect is more modest consuming 25 grams of soy protein a day.
Cleansing Systems: This is done through the organs of skin, lungs, colon, kidney and sinuses to get rid of the toxins.
Eyes, Ears, Nose and Throat: are used to detoxify. We can support these eliminative systems by eating fruits and vegetables with a lot of fiber. Water, clean air, sunlight and exercise should be taken in healthy doses to bring about vibrant health.
Recipe For Vegetable Juice
- A combination of 2/3 carrot juice and 1/3 celery, cucumber or leafy green. Add garlic, ginger and onion to taste as seasoning.
- A combination of 2/3 carrot, 1/3 bitrus. Take a glass of juice on empty stomach every morning and allow sufficient interval before taking meal. You can repeat before lunch and dinner.
Finally, overweight and not exercising affect fats circulating in the bloodstream. Excess weight can be very harmful whereas losing weight and exercising daily can help improve the cholesterol level. It is advisable and recommended for all lovers of good health to adopt this method for improved healthy cholesterol level.
In summary, cholesterol can be good and at the same bad. Good if normal level is maintained but too much of it can cause health hazards. Heart disease, stroke, and usual body weakness and even death can occur as a result of a high concentration of cholesterol in the body that is not checked.
It is my earnest hope that you will begin exercise daily, eat rightly the above suggested meals to boost your immune system (self-healing mechanism) inside of you, to help you have wellness and maintain healthy cholesterol level in your body.