Mercy Macjoe is a popular Nollywood actress, movie producer and entrepreneur.
Macjoe was born on June 20, 1993 in Lagos State. She lost her father at a tender age making her own mother to shoulder the responsibilities of raising her and five other children. She originally hails from Eket, Akwa Ibom State, in south southern Nigeria.
Mercy had her Primary and Secondary education in Lagos State. She later obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication from the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN).
Mercy also trained at the New York Film Academy to hone her skills as a filmmaker.
Her Acting Career
Mercy Macjoe kick-started her acting career in 2011 with her first role in the movie “Lonely Princess”.
Mercy acted another movie, ‘Sugar Pot’, a movie that brought her to limelight in the industry and made her a household name.
She has since starred in several challenging roles in Nollywood movies, some of which include:
• Zenith of Love
• Midnight Crew
• Bread of Life
• Girl Next Door
• Crown Queen
• Royal First Class
• Brazilian Hair Babes
• Ups and Downs – 2019
• My Cousin’s Wife – 2019
• Abandoned – 2020
• Torture – 2020
• Goodbye – 2020
• My American Dream – 2020 among many others.
Macjoe is beautiful, creative and exceptionally talented Nollywood actress, gifted in good interpretation of roles in movies.
Macjoe revealed that she rejects some roles assigned her in movies because she is building a brand for herself and many people look up to her as a role model.
Movie producers and directors in the industry recognize her good delivery of roles and prefer to feature her in most movies.
Macjoe has worked with top Nollywood celebrities like Mike Ezeruonye, Peggy Ovire and many others.
Mercy Macjoe is also a movie producer. She successful produced her first movie, “Red” in 2018. She has so far produced a number of movies including 30 and Single, Love in a Puff, and Passion’s Promise, all under her production company, MM Joe Film Productions.
The Akwa Ibom on-screen diva revealed in an interview that the movie, “Spit On Your Grave” where she wore bra and boxer-shorts throughout the movie was her most challenging role in movies.
Awards And Nominations
Mercy Macjoe’s work in the Nigerian movie industry has received wide recognitions with several awards and nominations to her credit, notably as:
• Nominated for Best Supporting Actress of the Year (English) and Best New Act of the Year (English) at the City People Movie Awards.
• Best Female Actor at the CA Award – 2018
• The Best Lashes Producing Company of the Year at the Nigeria Iconic Awards – 2018
• Celebrity Entrepreneur of the Year at the Gmyt African Humanitarian Award – 2019
• Nominated at the Hollywood and African Prestigious Awards – 2019
• HAP Awards nominee for Best Independent Film (Love in a Puff) – 2019
• Best Actress in an Independent Film at the HAP Awards – 2019
• Celebrity Entrepreneur of the Year at the Breeze OnTV Humanitarian Award – 2019
Mercy Macjoe is a social media personality with large followers. You can reach her on Instagram @mercymacjoe
Her Net Worth
Mercy Macjoe has remained prominent in Nollywood, rated one the richest and most influential with an estimated net worth of about $500,000 dollars.