Joselyn Canfor-Dumas widely known and addressed as Joselyn Dumas is a popular Ghanaian actress, television host, model, television personality and a philanthropist.
She was born on the 31st of August 1980 in Accra Ghana. She had her up-bringing in Accra, Ghana. She acts both in Ghanaian Movie Industry (Ghallywood) and the Nigerian Movie Industry (Nollywood) movies.
Joselyn had her primary education at the famous Morning Star School and Archbishop Porter Girls High School both in Accra Ghana where she obtained her first and secondary school certificates respectively.
She later went to the United States of America to have a degree in Administrative Law.
Her Acting Career
Joselyn joined Ghallywood in 2009 and began acting. She was popular in her debut on television as the host of Charter House’s Rhythmz. It is an entertainment hub which shows many celebrities.
Her successful host of this programme made her to become one of the Ghana’s biggest television networks to host their first own produced Flagship Talk Show “The One Show”. It was a show that was freely aired from 2010 to 2014 to the admiration of millions of people in Ghana.
She is the current host for a new TV Talk at Home with Joselyn Dumas which is also aired across Africa and some parts of Europe.
She made her breakthrough in a popular movie “Adams Apples”, produced by Shirley Frimpong-Manso. The movie was very successful and earned her nomination for best actress in a leading role alongside the big star in Hollywood actress Kimberly Elise at the 2011 Ghana Movie Awards.
Joselyn is beautiful, skillful, creative and exceptionally talented actress. She can fit into any role assigned her by movie producers and directors in the Ghanaian movie industry and Nollywood. She is very good at interpreting movies roles.
She has acted over 100 Ghanaian and Nollywood movies some of which are Perfect Picture, Love or Something Like That, A Sting in a Tale, A Northern Affair, Lekki Wives among others.
Joselyn is a good actress, reputed to act in most romantic movies. She is popular at playing the role of house wife in most Ghallywood and Nollywood movies alongside Yvonne Nelson, Jackie Appiah, Van Vickers, O.C. Ukeje, Uti Nwachukwu, I.K Ogbonna, John Dumelo, Maid Michel and several others.
Joselyn was a co-producer of the Miss Malaika Ghana”, one of the most prestigious beauty Pageant in Ghana from the year 2008 to 2010.
She is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Virgo Sun Company Ltd., a production company under her directorship and supervision. The company has successful co-produced its first movie “Love or Something Like That”. The movie has also received the recognition and endorsement of the UNDAIDS.
Joselyn Dumas is a proud Ambassador of Range Rover Evogue Ghana and Jobberman Ghana, jobs Advertisement Company based in Ghana.
Awards and Nominations
Joselyn has in the course of her acting in Ghana and Nigeria received several prestigious awards and nominations. They include:
- 2012 Best host of the year at the Radio and television Personality Awards.
- 2014 Best actress in a leading role at the African Movie Academy Awards.
- 2014 Best in a leading role at the African Magic Viewers Choice Awards.
- 2014 Outstanding Personality in Creative Entrepreneurship Awards at the All Africa Media Networks.
- 2015 Best actress in a Drama at the African Viewers Choice Awards.
- 2015 Best actress of the year at the GN Awards.
- 2016 Best actress in a television series at the Golden Movie Awards
- 2016 Glamorous celebrity at the Ghana Make-Up Awards
- 2013 Hottest Ghanaian Celebrity at the 4Syte TV Awards.
- 2011 nominee for best actress in a leading role at the Ghana Movie Awards
- 2013 nominee for Radio/TV Personality of the year Award
- 2013 nominee Female Entertainment of the year Award and
- 2013 nominee Female Presenter of the year at the Radio and Television Personality Awards.
Joselyn Dumas is a philanthropist. She set up The Joselyn Canfor-Dumas Foundation, designed to help the less-previledged and the vulnerable children in Ghana. The foundation is presently working hard to address a health challenges, autism in their country.
Her Net Worth
Joselyn Dumas is a renowned Ghanaian actress, rated one of the richest and most influential in Ghallywood and Nollywood with a net worth of about $300,000 dollars.