She was born on the 14th December, 1989 in Cross River State. She is one of the fourteen children born to her disciplinarian parents.
Belinda had her primary and secondary education at Hillside International Nursery and Primary school and Navy Secondary School, Port Harcourt where she obtained her first and secondary school certificates respectively.
She later went to the University of Calabar to have a Bachelor’s degree in Genetics and Bio-Technology.
Her Acting Career
Belinda joined Nollywood in 2005 and made her debut in a television series “Shallow Waters”, a movie that shot her to fame and recognition in Nollywood.
Thereafter, she had a break from the series to feature in a reality show Next Movie Star. She emerged 5th position and was not evicted from the house.
Belinda is a beautiful Nollywood superstar, gifted in interpreting roles in movies. She can as well fit into any character assigned her in most movies.
Belinda has featured in several Nollywood movies, some of which are:
• After the Proposal
• The Banker
• So In Love
• Heroes and Vallians
• Black Val
• The Hunters
• Mrs. Somebody
• Udeme Mmi
• Java’s House
• Cat and Mouse
• Bigger Ladies
• Lost Pride
• Ojuju Calabar
• Being Single among others.
Belinda has also featured in a number of TV Series, Shallow Waters, The Room and Tales of Eve where she played the role of Simi.
Belinda is also a television presenter. She was a former TV presenter for Sound City, a Nigerian Entertainment Cable station. She had since pulled out to have her own TV show titled “Lunch Break with Belinda”.
In an interview with the Punch Newspaper, Belinda revealed that her father was a strict disciplinarian, whose iron discipline helped to make her and her other thirteen siblings responsible children and shape her career today.
Belinda has in the course of her acting career won several awards. They include:
• 2012 most promising Act (Female) at the Best of Nollywood Awards.
• 2012 Best New Actress at the Golden Icons Academy Awards for her role in Kokoma.
• 2013 Best rising Star at the Best of Nollywood Awards.
• 2013 Most Promising Act at the African Movie Academy Awards.
• 2014 Best supporting actress at the 2014 Golden Icons Academy Awards.
Belinda was also nominated for several awards including:
• 2013 Best of Nollywood Awards.
• 2014 movie actress of the year at ELOY Awards.
• 2016 Best Actress in a Drama at the African Magic Viewers Choice Awards.
Her Net Worth
Belinda Effah is indeed a talented Nollywood star, rated one of the richest and most influential with a net worth of about $500,000 dollars.