The Wonders of Cucumber For Good Health.
Cucumber is widely cultivated fruit in the world and known to be one of the best foods for human consumption for good health and is described by many as a SUPERFOOD.
The wonders of cucumber for good health cannot be overemphasized. They are as follow:
Keeps you hydrated. If you are too busy to drink enough water, munch on the cool cucumber, which is 96 percent water. It will cheerfully compensate by eliminating toxins since cucumber has most of the vitamins the body needs in a single day. Don’t forget to leave the skin on because the skin contains a good amount of vitamin c, about 10% of daily recommended allowance.
Flushes out toxins. All that water in cucumber acts as a virtual broom, sweeping waste products out of your system. With regular use, cucumber is known to have the wonders to dissolve kidney stones.
Nourishes you with vitamins. A B and C, which boost immunity, give you energy and keep you radiant. Give it more power by juicing cucumber with carrot and spinach.
Supplies skin-friendly minerals: magnesium, potassium, silicon. That’s why cucumber-based treatments are popular in spas.
Revives the eyes. Placing chilled slices of cucumber on the eyes is a clichéd beauty visual, but it really helps reduce under-eye bags and puffiness.
Cuts cancer risk. Cut down your risk of several cancers by including cucumber in your diet. Several studies show its cancer-fighting potential. Cucumber is known to have or contain lariciresinol, pinoresinol and secoisolariciresinol. These three lignans have a strong history of research in connection with reduced risk of several types of cancer including breast cancer, uterine cancer and prostate cancer.
Cures diabetes, reduces cholesterol and Stabilizes blood pressure. This wonder fruit is hereby recommended for Patients that have blood pressure, both high and low, and often find that eating cucumber brings relief. For instance, cucumber juice contains a hormone which is needed by the cells of the pancreas for producing insulin which has been found to beneficial to diabetic patients. Researchers found that a compound called sterols in cucumbers may help reduce cholesterol levels. Cucumbers contains a lot of potassium, magnesium and fiber. These work effectively for regulating blood pressure.
- Refreshes the mouth. Cucumber juice refreshes and heals diseased gums, leaving your mouth smelling good. Take a slice of cucumber and press it to the roof of your mouth with your tongue for 30 seconds, the phytochemicals will kill the bacterial in your mouth.
- Skin and hair care.If you don’t like to eat the skin, it can be used for skin irritations and sunburns as aloe would be used. Place a slice over puffy eyes and its anti-inflammatory properties help reduce puffiness. The silicon and sulfur in cucumbers help to stimulate hair growth.
- Soothes muscle and joint pain. All those vitamins and minerals in cucumber make it a powerful enemy of muscle and joint pain.
- Hangover Cure: To avoid a morning hangover or headache, it is hereby recommended that you eat cucumber slices before going to bed. Cucumbers contain enough sugar, B vitamins and electrolytes to replenish many essential nutrients, reducing the intensity of both hangover and headache.
- Keeps kidneys in shape. Cucumber lowers uric acid levels in your system, keeping the kidneys happy. This wonder fruit is said to have excellent source of silica, which is known to help promotes joint health by strengthening the connective tissues. They are also rich in vitamin A, B1, B6, C and D folate, calcium, magnesium and potassium.
- Reduces cholesterol.A compound called sterols in cucumber helps reduce bad cholesterol.
Medical saying that “We care, God heals” is a manifestation of this fact.
Man is wonderfully created to have strong immunity and self healing within our bodies – more perfect that science can ever synthesize. This fact is buttressed by the fact that man’s body is properly fueled by nutrients, supplied by living plant foods, when people eating right and there was no deficiency of the vital nutrients God commanded us to eat.
In summary, It is my earnest hope that you will begin to eat cucumber, the right food to boost your immune system (self-healing mechanism) inside of you to help you have good health and longevity of life.