Nigeria is blessed with famous gospel singers who have done much and still doing a great job promoting and propagating the work of God through gospel music not only to Nigeria but to the world at large.
In recent time, gospel music is selling big with lots of shows and concerts that have gained recognition both locally and internationally. In addition, these artistes are making it big with sound professionalism and collaborations with their foreign counterparts. Indeed, they have really proved good and deserved to be praised. The top richest Nigerian artistes are:
- Tope Alabi: She is a successful and famous Nigerian gospel singer, actress, music composer and a role model. She was born on October 27, 1970 in Lagos State into a family of five children to Pa Obayomi Akinyele Joseph and mother Agnes Kehinde Obayomi. Tope is from Ogun State Nigeria.
She has a higher National Diploma in Mass Communications in the year 1990 with a strong passion in drama and music. This led her to join a local comedy group called Jesters International, an ideal place where she had her preliminary training and skills in drama and music.
Tope Alabi is an icon and a recipient of many awards including:
• The Good Tidings Ambassador on 21st of August 2016.
• A Proclamation Award from New York State Senate for her dedication to the betterment of her community on October 9th 2016.
Tope Alabi is one of the most accomplished and respected gospel singers in Nigeria with a net worth of about $300,000.
- Lara George: is a Nigerian female songwriter, gospel singer and producer. She is one of the best gospel artists Nigeria. She was born into the family of Oluwole Bajomo family in Lagos State Nigeria.
Lara is the pride of Nigeria and a national celebrity for many years since she first released her debut single “Ijoba Orun” in 2008. Since then, she has remained undaunted with lots of songs to her credit. . She is a good composer and writes most of her songs herself, and she is also a music producer.
Many of her fans are always heartfelt and emotional. She has won several notable music awards for her brilliant creativity and gifted talents. Her net worth is about $400,000.
- SamSong: is his stage name, but his real name is Samson Uche. He is an Abuja based gospel singer who was born on 30th November, 1974 in Delta State, South South Nigeria. He is a gospel singer, songwriter, musician who is widely known across the country and beyond. His first ever gospel song ‘Bianule’ brought him to music fame.
One remarkable thing about Samsong is that he left his banking job because he believes in making it bigger in gospel music. This he has actually succeeded in doing as his passion for singing overcame his desire to grow professionally in banking career and he never once regretted venturing into music career which of course has earned him huge fortune today.
Samsong has won several awards including
• The Psalmist Awards in the year 2000
• Best gospel Artist by the Nigerian Entertainment Awards in New York in 2008.
• Best Male Vocalist of the year Awards in 2004.
• Best Male Vocalist of the year Awards in 2005 and
• Best Video of the year Awards at the Vigoma Awards also in 2005.
Samsong is widely known to have performed on several big stages along side successful gospel artists like Panam Percy Paul, Donell Jones.
His net worth is about $400,000.
- Sinach: is a talented and multi-award winning gospel singer. She has the attributes of a writer, recording artist, stage performer and a Philanthropist.
The real name of this performer is Osinachi Kalu. She has recorded multiple hit songs that are loved by thousands of people across the shores of this country. She has also won several awards for her meaningful lyrics and contribution to gospel music in Nigeria.
A graduate of Physics from the University of Port Harcourt, this veteran singer has released more than ten albums, which has brought her to recognition both locally and internationally. Her net worth is about $1.5 million dollars.
- Sammie Okposo: This artiste is one of the most successful and famous gospel singers of gospel artistes in Nigeria with a number of songs that won several prestigious awards to his credit.
He also song writer and producer and has composed many songs for some of the biggest artistes in Nigerian music industry. Apart from being a singer and songwriter, he is an entertainment consultant, a CEO of Zamar Entertainment label, and a United Nations Youth Ambassador for World Peace.
He is a man of timber caliber as far as gospel music is concerned in Nigeria. Many have argued that without Okposo, Nigerian gospel music is not complete. He is very prominent and recognized gospel artiste in Nigeria with a net worth of about $700,000.
- Frank Edwards: is widely known by his stage name. He is a famous Nigerian gospel singer, song writer, recording artist, stage performer, a multi-instrumentalist and a model.
He was born 22nd July 1989 in Nsukka Enugu State, in South Eastern Nigeria into a family of seven children. Frank kick-started his music career at a very tender age of ten years.
Frank has produced a number of albums and is a recipient of many prestigious awards and nominations.
Frank Edwards is rated one of the most talented, richest and most influential gospel artistes in Nigeria with a net worth of about $500,000 dollars.
- Nathaniel Bassey is another top Nigerian gospel singer with a good number of hits to his credit. He is reputed for the famous Instagram Hallelujah Challenge and many others which was an online 30-day midnight prayer and praise session.
Nathaniel Bassey was born in the year 1978 in Lagos State, Nigeria. He hails from Ikot Ofon Ikono in Uyo local government area of Akwa Ibom state.
He had his inspiration from Great Gospel icons in the likes of Panam Percy Paul and wanted to become a musician. Bassey then traveled to Lagos and there joined a jazz quartet Spectrum 4 and played together with his childhood friends.
After a few years of hard, the young super star who had passion for music, grew to become one of the most respected and most watched gospel artistes in Nigeria with a number of gospel collections and prestigious awards to his credit.
Nathaniel Bassey is one of the most talented, most gifted, most successful and most famous gospel artistes in Nigeria today with a net worth of about $1 million dollars.
- Laoye-Oturu: comes from Lagos State. She is another well known and respected gospel singer in Nigeria.
Her amazing expression of music and magnificent stage performances has made one of the most sought out gospel artistes. Highly talented and resourceful, she has a lot of hit songs and she mixes gospel music with various other styles.
It is no exaggeration therefore to say that her outstanding performances and recordings over the years have brought her popularity not only in Nigeria but also worldwide. She became one of the few gospel artists to be interviewed by BET, the American channel. Her net worth is $400,000.
- Steve Crown is a Nigerian sensational gospel singer who was born in Abuja. He is from Plateau State, Nigeria.
He became interested in music at a very tender age of four. At the age of eight, he joined Saint John’s Anglican Church Choir. Later, he became a part of the well-known Club, Deacon Kids Band.
Steve Crown songs centre majorly on gospel songs which are full of anointing, displayed in concerts, making videos for his songs, sending his messages to the world. One can therefore say that Steve views of wonders of life are strong inspirations of his gospel music.
After a few years of hard work, the young super star grew to become one of the most respected and most watched gospel artistes in Nigeria with a number of gospel collections to his credit. Top Steve Crown’s videos “You are Great” “Imela” “Ejiro” “All the way” and several other others.
Steve Crown is one of the most talented, most gifted, most popular and most successful gospel artistes in Nigeria today with a net worth of about $1 million dollars.
- Esther Igbekele: is another renowned professional gospel artiste in Nigeria. A successful gospel artist who is widely addressed as the Duchess of Gospel Music, whose his kind gospel songs are believed to have some relief in the grief of men.
This way, the fans and media decided to pay their tribute to her contribution to the gospel genre. Esther Igbekele is a recipient of several prestigious awards and nominations to her credit.
Esther Igbekele has been on stage for a decade and released a number of albums of her own. Her net worth is about $300,000 dollars.
In conclusion, these top 10 gospel artistes are doing much to the growth and development of the music industry through their beautiful songs, albums, and brilliant performances. Today, these gifted gospel singers are making Nigeria proud as well as keeping the flag of gospel music in Nigeria flying. To God be the glory.