Uche Jombo Rodriguez is her full name but popularly known as Uche Jombo. She is a Nigerian actress, screen writer, film producer, director and television personality.
She was born on the 28th of December, 1979 in Abiriba, Abia state in south eastern Nigeria. She is a beautiful, creative and highly talented Nollywood actress who has made name in the movie industry.
Uche Jombo had her elementary and secondary education in Abiriba, Abia State. After obtaining her first and senior secondary certificates respectively, she went further to obtain a degree in Mathematics and Statistics from the University of Calabar and also a degree in Computer Programming from the Federal University of Technology Minna, Niger State of Nigeria.
Her Acting Career
Uche Jombo joined Nollywood in 1999 after she starred in a hit movie “Visa To Hell”, a movie that brought her to fame in the entertainment industry. She is creative, gifted and highly talented actress who knows how to interpret her roles perfectly well and fit in any character assigned her by movie directors and producers.
Uche is a prolific Nollywood actress and has successfully done screenwriting for movies like The Celebrity, Game Men Play, Time of Love, Girls in the Hook and others. She has starred in over 100 movies some of which include Fire Love Damage, Endless Lies, Darkest Night, Girls Hostels, Love Wins, Price of Peace, Greatest Harvest, Silent Scandals, Home of Exile, After the Proposal, Wives on the Strike, Banana Island, Kondo Games, Keep My Will, Scout, Rush Hour and several others too numerous to mention here.
Uche Jombo has bagged many prestigious awards both locally and internationally including few below:
- Best Supporting role at the 2010 of Nollywood Awards for her role in the hit movie “Silent Scandals”.
- Best actress at the City People Entertainment Awards
- Best actress at the Afro-Hollywood Awards in the United Kingdom in 2008.
- Nollywood personality of the year at the Life Changers Awards also in the United Kingdom.
- Merit Awards for Charity Support at the Contients Awards in New York.
- Best Actress in a leading role at the 2011 ELOY Awards for her role in a movie “Damage”.
- Best actress in leading role at the 2012 NAFCA Award also for her role in a movie “Damage”.
- Best Actress leading role at the 2013 Africa International Film Festival for her role in the movie “Lies Men Tell” and Viewers Choice Awards.
- Abia State Honour Award, received for her contribution to the development of Nollywood in Nigeria.
The veteran Nigerian actress is a Globacom Ambassador for 3 years, a Nigerian telecommunication giant, after she signed an endorsement deal involving millions of Naira.
Uche Jombo is happily married to Puerto Rican Kenny Rodriguez, an American on the 16th of May, 2012 at the Marriot Isla Verde Resort and the union is blessed with a son named Mathew Rodriguez.
Inspite of the rumour on social media that spread like wide fire in the bush that the husband cheated on her, the marriage still stands firm, with both parties describing it as wicked and unfounded.
Her Net Worth
Uche Jombo is an accomplished Nollywood actress with a net worth of about $1.5 million dollars.