She was born on the 22nd of April, 1978 in Benin City, Edo State. Adaku hails from Delta State in south southern Nigeria.
Omoni had her primary and secondary education in Benin City, Edo state where she obtained her first and secondary school certificates respectively.
She later went to the University of Benin to study Foreign Languages, (majorly in French) with a second class honours, Upper Division.
She also studied at the New York Film Academy.
Her Acting Career
Omoni joined Nollywood in 1996 and acted her first movie “Bitter Encounter”. It was a movie she played the lead role of a secretary.
Adaku has since starred in several Nollywood movies including:
• Not My Will
• Destined to Die
• Another Campus Tale
• Okafor’s Law
• The Wedding Party
• Wives on Strike
• Sugar Rush
• Being Mrs Elliot
• Brother’s Keeper
• The Figurine
• Moms at War
• As Crazy as It Gets
• Render to Caesar
• Best Arrows among others.
Omoni Oboli is beautiful, creative and highly gifted in acting. She knows how to interpret roles in movie and can fit into any character in most movies.
Adaku’s role on a movie “Wives on Strike” and “The Rivals” earned her an award for best International Drama at the New York International Independent Film and Video Festival. It was adjudged the first Nigerian film to be premiered since the festival inception in 2003.
The movie was given 3 stars rating out of 4 by the Festival Judges.
Omoni is also the first Nollywood actress to receive awards from International Festivals outside the shores of Nigeria and Africa in 2010 at Harlem International Film Festival and Los Angeles Movie Awards for her lead role in a movie Anchor Baby.
Omoni, in her years in the acting profession has earned several awards. They include:
• 2010 award for Best actress Narrative Feature at the Los Angeles Awards.
• 2010 Best actress at the Halem International Film Festival Awards.
• 2014 Big Screen Actress of the year Award at the 2014 ELOY Awards for her role in a movie Being Mrs Elliot.
• Best Sun Nollywood Personality of the year Award.
Omoni is a brand Ambassador of Olawale Ayilara’s LandWey Investment Limited. The endorsement deal is believed to run into huge sums of money.
Omoni set up a Charity organization known as “The Omoni Oboli Foundation”. The platform is created to cater for the less priviledged women and children, who she described as more vulnerable to violence and intimidation in Nigeria.
The non governmental organization has successfully executed a number of projects including:
• Feeding and giving of gifts to over 200 poor and disadvantaged children in Delta Steel Complex, Aladja, Delta state.
• Feeding of street children in Lagos.
• Giving the less priviledged children sense of belonging by taking the children of Divine Nursery and Primary as well as secondary schools to Milk Factory to see how the product is being made and packaged.
Her Personal Life
Omoni is happily married to her lovely husband Namdi Oboli and the marriage is blessed with beautiful children. The marriage was said to have taken place immediately she graduated from the University which of course put Adaku off the movie scene for over a decade before returning to the movie industry again.
Her Net Worth
Omoni Oboli is a renowned Nollywood actress, rated one of the richest and most influential with a net worth of about $400,000 dollars.