He hails from Ekiti State in south western Nigeria.
Abayomi holds a Bachelor’s degree in Sociology and Anthropology from the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Osun State.
Abayomi Alvin’s journey into acting dated back to his childhood days in the secondary school and local Church where he used to perform stage plays and dramas.
He had the dream to be an actor and pursued it vigorously and as fate would have it, eventually launched him into a successful actor.
In 2013, he made his entry professionally into acting by joining Nolywood. He had series of auditions and eventually got his first role in a movie, ‘Collateral War’ in 2014 directed by Iwuanyanwu Chuks and produced by Chioma Okeke. The movie had the cast of top Nollywood celebrities like Yvonne Jegede, John Dumelo.
Abayomi revealed that his first appearance in a movie was laden with nervousness and nerve-racking and he was not himself on stage.
He again acted his next movie, ‘Calabash Banking Series’ by Obi Emelonye, where he played a supporting role.
He has since starred in several Nollywood movies and televisions including
• Jenifa’s Diary
• MTV Shuga Naija
• Moms at War
• The Johnsons
• Me and the guys and several others.
Abayomi Alvin is creative, skillful and highly talented Nollywood actor, known for good interpretation of roles in movies. He can as well accept any role given to him by movie producers and directors in the industry and he does this brilliantly.
Awards and Nominations
Abayomi is a recipient of several awards and nominations. They include:
• In 2017, won the Best Actor award from 19teen Rom Awards and the Industry Cynosure from Maya Awards.
• Nominated Revelation of the Year 2017 at the Best of Nollywood Awards.
• Most Promising Actor (English) at the City People Entertainment Awards.
• Most Promising Actor at the African Entertainment Legends Awards. Next Rated Actor 2018 at the Nigerian Achievers Awards.
• Revelation of the year at the Tush all Youth Awards.
• Most Promising Actor 2018 at the Scream All Youth Awards.
He has also received some recognition awards some and most recent are:
• Honourary Award from the Association of English Education Students, 0AU 2017.
• Achievement as a Young Actor from the Ekiti State Future Awards 2018.
• Achievement as a Young Actor from the Ekiti State All Stars Awards 2018
His Role Models
Abayomi admits Richard Mofe Damijo, Meryl Streep, Denzel Washington, Funke Akindele, Ramsey Nuoah, Tom Hanks and many others made the list of actors he respects a lot, not necessarily his role models but owing to their brilliant works. He cherishes watching their movies.
His Personal Life
Abayomi Alvin describes himself as a good actor because of his disposition in acting which is close to real life situation and good interpretation of movie roles.
He also admits he has the ability to do whatever it takes to completely embody a character, which is patience, tolerance, and his ability to work under pressure.
Abayomi concluded that he is goal-oriented, reserved, confident, very caring, hardworking and a realist. He writes and host events and TV programs.
His Net Worth
Abayomi Alvin is a force to reckon with in Nollywood, rated one of the richest and most influential with a net worth of about $500,000 dollars.
You can reach Abayomi on his social media platform:
Facebook: Abayomi Alvin Towase