The name, Ayodeji Richard Makun popularly known as AY is a veteran comedian, actor event manager, show promoter, television personality producer, director and master of ceremony.
Born on the 19th of August, 1971 in Lagos, AY hails from Ifon in Ose Local Government Area of Ondo State in South Western Nigeria, but grew up in Warri, Delta State.
After his primary and secondary education, he went to Delta State University where he bagged a Bachelor’s degree in Theatre Arts in 2003.
In 2008, he got married to his old girlfriend – Mable Makun and they are blessed with a beautiful girl named Michelle Makun.
AY rose to his prominence after performing at the “Night of a Thousand Laugh” a comedy show hosted by Oppa Williams. The current host of AY live show, AY comedy skits and AY Cribs feature prominently in YouTube. A very skillful, talented and creative man.
As a highly talented young man, AY has bagged many awards amongst which are:
- 2009 – Best Comedian at the City People Entertainment awards.
- Most Creative Comedian in Nigerian and the Entertainment awards 2010.
- Comedian of the year: Teens Favourite in 2008
- Comedian of the year: MBG Abuja Merit Awards in 2008
- Comedian of the year: National Daily Awards in 2008
- Comedian of the year: Arsenal Award for Excellence in 2008
- Comedian of the year: Mode Men of the year Awards in 2008
- N Peace Ambassador in 2009
- Most creative Entrepreneur of the year, (comedy category) :C.E.A.N in 2013
CEO of Computer World Entertainment. 1st Movie “30 days in Atlanta” was directed by Hollywood Movie director, Robert Peters. This movie featured prominently in Nollywood, Hollywood and Ghanian celebrities. It was shot in Lagos, Accra and Newyork.
AY was very active on campus and reputed to have been most celebrated on campus. In one of the interviews granted AIT Television, he narrated how the family responsibilities of training his younger ones fell on him after the death of his parents. Inspite of these challenges that lied side by side with his quest to make it in the entertainment industry, Ay was not discouraged to succeed.
Today, he is reputed to have owned one the biggest and most comfortable Club houses in Nigeria especially in Lagos.
His net worth as a comedian in Nigeria is placed at over $8 million.
Ayodeji Richard Makun (AY) is creative, highly talented, very skillful, and resourceful young man. In addition, AY influenced many up coming comedians like Akporo and Elenu to limelight.