The Igbos constitute a major tribe in Nigeria, well known to have the highest number of traders and indeed successful business men. They cut across the country with lots of investments empowering the country’s economy.
The 10 richest men in Ibo land are:
- Orji Uzor Kalu: is rated one of the richest men in Ibo land and indeed one of the richest in Nigeria.
Uzor whose successful journey started at a tender age in his early twenties, with just $35 dollars he received as loan from the mother, went into palm oil which he used to buy from South East and sold in the north market part of this country which dated back to his university days.
His series of led protest in the university saw Uzor finally expelled from the school which of course marked his firm consolidation of his wealth. He never went back to the university.
He has series of investments outside the oil business cut across the country through his SLOK Holding such as furniture company, Adamawa Publishers Ltd, SLOK Vegetable Oil, Paper Factory, SLOK United Kingdom, SLOK Ghana, Togo, guinea, South Africa, Cotonou, Sun Publishers and First International Bank Ltd among others.
Orji Uzor Kalu has a net worth of about $5 billion dollars.
- Tony Elumelu: Is a graduate of economics, a philanthropist and entrepreneur. With large investments like Heirs Holdings and Transcorp, Tony Elumelu Foundation, he has empowered thousands of entrepreneurs across African continent.
In 2005, he was involved in the acquisition of UBA and transformed the bank from a Nigerian bank to a Pan African institution with branches in over 19 African countries.
Through his Heir Holdings, Tony Elumelu has successfully built on his investments in the areas of financial services, energy, real estate, hospitality, agric business and health care sector in most African countries.
He has served as an Adviser to USAID’S Private Capital Group for Africa, Co-Chairman of the Aspen Institute Dialogue Series on Global Food Security, Chairman, Ministerial Committee for the establishment of World –Class hospitals and diagnostic Centres across Nigeria and member of the Global Advisory Board of the United Nations Sustainable Energy for all initiative.
Tony Elumelu is one of the richest men in Ibo land with a net worth of over $1 billion dollars.
- Paschal Dozie: A graduate of economics, he hails from Imo State Nigeria. He is also a product of City University in the United Kingdom who has made an unimaginable economic development to the Nigerian economy.
Back to Nigeria, he set up African Development Consulting Group Ltd which is purely to carry out local and international aims as a consulting firms.
His net worth is also placed at over $1 billion dollars.
- Cosmos Maduka (widely known as CEO of Cosharis Group of Companies) hails from Nnewi in Anambra State Nigeria.
A successful business man who made it through dint of hard work inspite of the numerous of challenges which surrounded his child hood background, he stands out a successful business man with conglomerates of business including ICT, banking, Automobiles, beverages and a number of other businesses.
His net worth is over $2 billion dollars according to Forbes report.
- Ifeanyi Uba: Another African business mogul, also from Anambra is a successful man and one of the 10 richest men in Ibo land. He is the CEO and manager of Capital Oil whose asset base cut across Nigeria and a number of African countries with over $2 billion dollars net worth.
- Chief Cletus Ibeto: is another business man from Nnewi, Anambra State. He owns Cletus Ibeto Group with one of the two leading conglomerates in the Eastern part of Nigeria.
His business which started in the early 80’s is a leading figure in spare parts and batteries for automobiles with an estimated net worth of over $1.5 billion dollars.
- Vincent Amaechi Obianodo: (widely known as the Young Shall Grow) is another successful business man who made the list of 10 richest in Ibo land.
He is indisputably rich man who started from the scratch many years ago in the 70’s to be precise. In addition, he has in recent time diversified his business into other areas like hotels, oil and gas etc with an estimated net worth of over $2 billion dollars.
- Tony Ezenna: is the owner of Orange Drugs Ltd, a Pharmaceutical drugs which has lucrative services within Nigeria and other African countries.
He is believed to have made it on a large scale with an estimated net worth of over $1.5 billion dollars.
- Leo Stan Ekeh: whose real name is Stanley Leonard Ekeh is from Ubomiri Mbatoili in Imo State Nigeria.
He is the CEO and manager of Zinox Technologies Ltd. With a number of twenty centres cut across Nigeria including Tank Systems, Ict Bollus, TD plus and others, Leo has wide investments have helped in no small way putting the country’s economy on a sound footing as well as reducing high rate of unemployment.
The success of his business conglomerates has put him on a net worth of over $1.5 billion dollars.
- Sir Emelem Ofor: is another one of the 10 richest Igbo men. A leading business manager of chrome Group whose services has thrived well both locally and internationally despite challenges and huddles associated with the industrial sector.
His strong desire to succeed in business coupled with the passion in rendering the services has made him a successful industrialist with an estimated value of over $1.5 billion dollars.
To sum up, the 10 richest men in Ibo land no doubt have contributed largely to the growth and development of the Nigerian economy through their huge investments over a long period of time. We wish them more successful business years ahead.