Osinachi Kalu is her real name, but has become popular with her stage name Sinach. She is a talented and multi-award winning gospel singer. She has the attributes of a writer, recording artist, stage performer and a Philanthropist.
Born on 30th of March 1977 in Lagos state Nigeria, Sinach hails from Ebonyi State in South Eastern part of Nigeria and second of seven children to the family of Kalu.
Sinach had her primary and secondary school in Lagos and later went to the University of Port Harcourt to read Physics.
Her Musical Career
She actually began her gospel music career at a tender age, coming from a Christian background Christ Embassy in Lagos. We learnt that the General Overseer, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome saw the loaded talents in her and encouraged her by making Sinach Senior worship leader at Believers Love World.
Currently, Sinach has a number of albums to her credit including I’m Blessed, From Glory to Glory, Shout it Loud, Sinach lives in Country, The Name of Jesus and Way Maker among others.
She worships with Christ Embassy Church in Nigeria and Love World Music Ministry with other notable gospel singers like Frank Edward and Ada Ehi.
Sinach is globally known for her several hits including Way Maker, I Know who I am, He did it again, The Name of Jesus, This is my season, Awesome God, I stand Amazed and several others.
She is beautiful and highly talented and her voice is sonorous that touches the soul.
Sinach is married to Pastor Joseph Ogbu, a Pastor of Believers Love World Ministries Christ Embassy Church. The marriage took place at the Christ Embassy Church in Ikeja area of Lagos with many gospel celebrities and other dignitaries in attendance. She is currently signed to World Music Label.
Like other celebrities, Sinach has won several awards including:
- The best gospel artiste of the year at the Nigerian Entertainment Awards in 2011.
- The West African Best Female Vocalist Act Single at the World Awards in 2012.
- Best gospel Artiste of the year at NIPUGA Awards in 2013
- Best female gospel artiste of the year, best song of the year and best female vocal at the Nigerian Gospel Music Awards.
- Best gospel artist at AFRIMMA Awards in 2016.
- 2016 also saw Sinach as first recipient of WMA Song writer of the Decade Awards as part of her contribution in gospel music over a decade with her songs gaining recognition in several countries of the world.
- She also won the African Achievers Award for Global Excellence. This award no doubt placed her in the prestigious list of Africans most successful gospel artistes.
The ever-winning Sinach also emerged the West African artiste of the year at Groove Awards in Kenya. She was listed by Naija with Pastor Chris Oyakhilome and Adeboye as one of the top 100 most influential and most successful Christian in Nigeria.
She has performed in several countries across Europe, the U.S and many other countries.
She has written over 200 songs which remains one of her sources of earning much money.
Her Net Worth
Sinach is ranked one of the most popular, one of the richest and most talented gospel singers in Nigeria and indeed Africa with a net worth of over $1.5 million dollars.