Wande Coal whose real name is Oluwatobi Wande Ojosipe is a popular Nigerian singer, stage performer, song writer, recording artist and a model.
He was born on the 18th of October 1985 to the family of Chief Ibukun Olufunto Ojosipe in Lagos Island, Lagos State in south western Nigeria. He is the first child of family of two children. He is a young handsome, creative, talented and with sweet voice in music.
Wande Coal had his primary and secondary education in Staff Nursery and Ijanikin Primary School in Lagos and Federal Government College in Lagos where he obtained his first and secondary school certificates respectively. He later went to the University of Lagos to have a Bachelor’s degree in Curriculum Studies.
His Musical Career
Wande Coal began his musical career as a teenager when he used to perform in his local church in Lagos.
He rose to fame in the music industry after a brilliant dance outing. His subsequent improvements on his performances brought him to wider limelight and was signed to Mo’Hits Records owned by Don Jazzy and D’banj in 2006.
After this laudable achievement, Wande became more famous especially after featuring on D’banj album “Rundown/Funk You UP”.
As he progresses in his musical career, he released a number of hit songs with D’banj like “Why Me”, “Tonosibe”, “Loke” and others, all produced by Mo’Hits Records.
Wande again released another popular hit album ‘Curriculum Vitae’. ‘Olulufe’ which is his first hit single of the ‘Curriculum Vitae’ album recorded wide acceptance as one of the greatest love songs to be produced by a Nigerian. The song also recorded large volume of sales and earned him huge fortune.
Wande Coal’s popularity grew unabated with his debut studio album “Mushin to Mo’Hits. The song also got wide recognition and acceptance across Nigeria, the United Kingdom and the United States of America.
He is creative, skillful, exceptionally talented and gifted with melodious voice. These salient qualities of Wande Coal have placed him high in the rank of top Nigerian artistes like D’Prince, Olamide, Wizkid, Yemi Alade, Patoranking, Tiwa Savage among others.
However, owing to the break up in Mo’Hits Records by the executives – Don Jazzy and D’banj, Wande Coal, Dr. Sid and D’Prince made a U-turn and signed onto Don Jazzy’s new record label Mavin Records. The new development also saw Tiwa Savage from 323 entertainment who happened to be the first female artiste to sign on to Mavin Records.
Wande left Mavin records label to form his own “Black Diamond Entertainment” and released a hit single titled “Baby Face” in October 2013.
Wande Coal has received several prestigious awards both locally and internationally. They include:
· Award for song of the year at the Dynamix Youth Awards in 2009.
· Best Afro Hip Hop Video of the year at the Nigerian Music Video Awards.
· Best Rhythm and Blues Singer of the year at the City People Entertainment Awards.
· Awarded next Ranked at the Hip Hop World Awards
· Naija Fastest Rising Superstar Awards at the University of Port Harcourt Awards.
· African artiste of the year Award at the Ghana Music Awards.
· Best R&B/Pop Single Award at the Hip Hop World Awards.
· Album of the year Award at the Hip Hop World Awards.
· Song of the year Award at the Hip Hop World Awards.
· Hip Hop Revelation of the year at the Hip Hop World Awards.
· Album of the year Award at the City People Entertainment Awards.
· Outstanding Performance in the music industry also at the City People Entertainment Awards.
· Artist of the year Award at City People Entertainment Awards.
His Net Worth
Wande Coal is one of the most accomplished Nigerian artistes, rated one of the richest and most talented with a net worth of about $2 million dollars.