The Nigerian Movie Industry has received an unimaginable growth in recent time. It is rated the biggest in Africa and the third biggest in the world.
Apart from engaging a reasonable number of Nigerians in employment, the industry has contributed huge sum of money to the country’s economy.
In this post, we shall take a look at the popular and big female celebrities, their net worth and contributions to the growth and development of the movie industry in Nigeria.
In assessing this development, we shall also look at their long years of experience, accolades and their net worth in Nollywood.
The top 10 Nollywood actresses are:
- Genevieve Nnaji is undoubtedly one of the most popular and richest Nollywood actresses. She is a veteran and strong pillar of Nollywood, singer and fashion designer.
Genevieve has the bulk of her earnings from endorsement deals with big companies running into millions of Naira like Amstel Malta, Lux, Citron Energy drink, Range Rover Evoque, Etisalat now 9 Mobile and Polo.
She is said to have expensive Jeeps, houses in Ikoyi, Ghana and others. She is a recipient of several prestigious awards and a net worth of about N600 milion Naira.
- Rita Domnic is another popular Nollywood actress, rated one of the richest with rich family background.
She has in the course of her acting featured in over 100 movies and received several awards. She has made an immeasurable contributions to the movie industry and has an estimated net worth of about N550 million Naira.
- Mercy Johnson is a Kogi born actress and rated one of the most famous and richest actresses in Nigeria.
She is such a skillful and highly talented actress who charges as much as N2 million to N3 million depending on the prevailing circumstances. Again, she is believed to own properties both landed and mansions in Lagos and Kogi states. She is also a recipient of several awards and an estimated net worth of about N500 million.
- Omotola Jalade Ekeinde widely known as Omosexy, is an icon in Nollywood and rated one of the richest in Nigeria.
She has earned a number of awards including the best supporting role actress at the African Movie Academy Awards.
She also has several endorsement deals with Chivita and other big companies believed to have run into millions of Naira. She has millions of followers as fans on social media.
Her net worth is placed at about N500 million.
- Ini Edo is another rated richest Nollywood actress. She is known to have featured in over 200 movies and a recipient of several prestigious awards including supporting actress awards and NAFCA awards.
She was reported to have joined the list of Mercedes G-Wagon worth millions of Naira and a mansion in Lekki, Lagos Nigeria valued over N50 million Naira.
Her estimated net worth is placed at about N500 million.
- Patience Ozokwor widely known as Mama G is a veteran Nollywood actress and a television personality.
She began her acting career in 1995. She has won several enviable awards including the best supporting actress at the 10th African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA), Lifetime Achievement Awards and an honour from the Federal Government of Nigeria.
She has lots of endorsements with Globacom and other gigantic companies in Nigeria. She has a net worth of about N500 million.
- Funke Akindele (Jennifer)of the Yoruba origin and rated one of the most popular and richest Nollywood actresses in Nigeria. Jennifer’s Diary has shot her to greater fame and recognition with every home and children acknowledging her programme.
She has several endorsement deals with big companies and recipient of several awards including the best actress in a leading role at the African Academy Awards. She is believed to be one of the highest paid with a net worth of about N500 million.
- Remmy Njoku is another one of the rated richest Nollywood actresses. This was made possible by her husband Jason Njoku, founder and chief executive, who took an advantage of the abundant benefits of the movie industry in Nigeria to set up Iroko TV in 2011 and made Mary Remmy the CEO of Rock Studios which is a film production in Lagos. She has an estimated net worth of about N450 million.
- kate Henshaw is another veteran Nollywood rated one of the richest actresses in Nigeria.
She is a recipient of several awards including the 2008 best actress in a leading role at the Afrifan Movie Academy Awards.
She is also the current Face of Onga, a condiment company widely believed to be one the sources of her huge earnings. She has an estimated net worth of about N400 million.
- Uche Jombo is another actress widely rated richest Nollywood actress. She is a prolific actress with over 100 movies to her credit.
She is also a producer and successfully produced a number of movies in Nigeria.
Jombo is a Globacom Ambassador and a recipient of several awards. She has a net worth of N400 million.