She was born on the 30th of May 1980 in Ado Local Government Area of Benue State in central Nigeria.
Peters attended Air force Nursery and Primary schools and FGG College in Wuse, Abuja. She went on to study Computer Science at Asman English School, graduating in 1998.
She later studied TV and Film at Video Waves and Camera Film School and graduated in 2002.
Susan began acting in Nollywood films in 2002, the same year that she graduated.
The following year she began modelling business and appeared in billboards and TV commercials for big companies like British America Tobacco, Fidelity Bank, Bank P.H.B., Golden Penny Pasta, U.H.F. Long Life Milk, Haemeron Blood Tonic and Finbank.
Susan is creative and highly talented Nollywood actress, known for good interpretation of roles in movies. She however stated that she cannot accept raunchy love roles, despite increasing pressure for some Nollywood stars to feature with little or no clothing or completely going nude in movies.
Susan Peters has starred in several Nollywood and Holywood movies, some of which are:
• Wasted Effort
• Songs of Sorrow
• Stolen Bible
• 11 Days 11 Nights
• War Front
• Wild Wind
• Immoral Act
• Good Mother
• Behind the Plot
• Black Heat
• Love Entrapped
• Celebrity Marriage among others.
Susan has also featured in television series like Husbands of Lagos where she played the lead role of Aisha.
In 2011, she made the December Cover of the Creatively Acclaimed, Arts and Culture Magazine, Zen. In the words of Zen Magazine editor, Arinze Nwokolo, “Susan Peters is a remarkable and an incredible talent in the movie industry! Her dedication to her art is unmistakable…”
She is a star in Nollywood and has won several prestigious awards both within and outside the African shores.
Susan Peters is a recipient of several awards, notably as:
• 2010 Outstanding Performance at the City People Entertainment Awards.
• NAFCA Awards (Nollywood and African Film Critics Awards) North Carolina
• 2011 Best Actress in a Supporting Role at the North Carolina Nigerian Oscars:
• Best Actress English Language, for the film Bursting Out Afro-Hollywood Awards, UK a the 16th edition of African Film Awards.
• Best Supporting Actress for a movie Bursting Out at Nollywood Awards.
• Award of Recognition to the growth of the industry at DIVA Awards.
• 2012 Most Stylish Actress at the City People Magazine Beauty and Fashion Awards.
• 2012 Best Supporting Actress at the Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards (GIAMA), Houston, USA:
Her Personal life
Although Susan Peters regularly mentions her family in interviews, she is very careful about her romance with other men especially in the public or popular press.
She revealed in an interview in 2011 that she was in a relationship but didn’t mention any name, stating that “It’s my private life and I like to keep my private life top private”.
She later got married to a Dutchman in 2015 but the marriage has ended in divorce.
Her Net Worth
Susan Peters is indeed a force to reckon with in the Nigerian movie industry, rated one of the richest and most influential with a net worth of about $1 million dollars.