He was born on November 21, 1992 in Atlanta, Georgia in the United States of America. Davido was born into a very wealthy family of Mr Adedeji and Mrs Veronica Adeleke. His father was a billionaire tycoon and the late mother was a University lecturer before her death.
Davido had his education first at the renowned British International School, Lagos and later at Oakwood University to read Business Administration. He relocated to Nigeria to continue his study and eventually graduated at Backcock University in Ogun State.
His Music Career
Davido kick-started his career when he was a member of a musical group, known as KB International. It was a group that nurtured him and eventually shot him to fame and recognition in music scene.
Davido released his first single “Back When”, a hit single that gave him a breakthrough and made him a regular face in the music industry.
In October 2011, Davido released another hit single “Dami Duro”. The song was well received by his numerous fans and made Davido more famous both within and outside Africa.
Davido has since released a number of hit singles, some of which include Aye, Overseas, Skelewa, Gbagbe Oshi, Maga 2 Mugu, Coolest Kid in Africa, Return and How Long.
He released his second album Son of Mercy, EP in Oct. 2016. The album featured Simi, Nasty C, and Tinashe.
Davido released If, Fall, Pere, Fia, and Like Dat in 2017.
In 2018, his songs include Flora my flawa, Assurance, Nwa Baby,Wonder Woman and the 2019 Million.
Davido is creative and exceptionally talented Nigerian singer. He has also collaborated with several top music stars like Wizkid, Tiwa Savage, Sarkodie, Mi Casa, Lola Rae, Flavour, Olamide and International Acts like Southern African Singing Group Mafikozolo for the single “Tchelek”, Diamond Platinumz for number one.
Davido was reported to have signed an endorsement deal of N30 million with MTN, a Communication giant and the largest mobile network in Africa in April 6, 2012. He was unveiled as the Face of MTN Pulse, a marketing campaign for youths in Nigeria.
The young music star also signed some endorsement deals with big companies like Pepsi, Travelbeta and he is a brand ambassador to AXE and others.
On Oct. 24, 2013, he was endorsed by Guinness Nigeria, where he performed in the company’s ‘World of More Concert’, alongside other top Nigerian Music celebrities like Tiwa Savage, D’banj, Olamide, Wizkid, among others.
On May 9, 2018, Davido was also reported to have signed an endorsement deal with Infinix mobile, a Hong-Kong based smartphone manufacturer.
Aside coming from a wealthy family, Davido also has some houses in Nigeria and US. At a young age of 20, Davido was reported to have acquired for himself a mansion in Lekki Phase 1 area of Lagos state. The cost of the house was put at N140 million.
Davido co-founded HKN Music with his elder brother, Adewale Adeleke. Today, the record label is home to many artistes like Tiwa Savage, Naeto C Skales, Humblesmith, and many more.
Davido’s Record Label
Davido founded his music label DMW, in 2016. He founded it shortly after signing up with Sony Music. Several top musicians signed under the label imprint include including Nasty C, Teli, Peruzi, Mayorkun, Dremo and many others.
Davido Awards and Recognitions
Davido is a recipient of several awards and nominations. They include:
• Promising Youth Artist, Dynamix All Youth, 2011
• Next Rated, The Headies, 2012
• Best New Act of the Year, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2012
• Best Newcomer Award, Kora awards, 2012
• Best Pop/R&B Artiste of the Year, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2013
• Hip Hop World Revelation, The Headies, 2013
• Best International Act: Africa, BET Awards, 2014
• Best Male West African, African Muzik Magazine Awards, 2014
• Artists of the Year, African Muzik Magazine Awards, 2014
• Best Male Artiste of the Year, MTV Africa Music Awards, 2014
• African Artiste of the Year, Ghana Music Awards, 2014
• Musician of the Year (Male), City People Entertainments Awards, 2014
• Artiste of the Year, The Headies, 2014
• Male Artist of the Year, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2014
• Artiste of the Year, The Headies, 2018
Awards And Recognitions For His Songs
• Song of the Year, ‘Back When’ Dynamix Youth, 2011
• Best R&B/Pop Album ‘Omo Baba Olowo’, The Headies 2013
• Hottest Single of the Year ‘Dami Duro’ Nigeria Entertainments Awards, 2012
• Most Gifted Newcomer Video of the Year, ‘Dami Duro’ Channel O Music Video Awards, 2012
• Music Video of the Year ‘Aye’ Ben TV Awards, 2014
• Best Afro Pop Video ‘Aye’ Nigeria Music Video Awards, 2014
• Song of the Year ‘Aye’ The Headies 2014
• Song of the Year and Best Pop Single, ‘If’ The Headies 2018
• Best Collaboration ‘Gallardo’ Runtown featured Davido, Nigeria Entertainments Awards, 2014
• Hottest Single of the Year, ‘Aye’ Nigeria Entertainments Awards, 2014
• Best Collabo of the Year ‘Carolina’ Saucekid featured Davido, 2012
• Best Video by a New Artist (Live beats Choice) ‘Dami Duro’ Nigeria Entertainments Awards,
His Humanitarian Work
Davido is also a humanitarian. He has done a number of charitable work in Nigeria. He is known to be giver of aids in finance to support several individuals who have one challenge or the other.
Her Personal Life
The Nigerian superstar is reported to be in several relationships. First, he had a daughter with his ex-girl friend, Sofe Momodu.
Davido again entered into another relationship with Sira Kante, a 19 year model from Guinea and currently into a relationship with Chioma Avril Rowland who has given birth to a baby boy for Davido. He is also the father of two daughters – Aurora Imade Adeleke and Hailey Veronica Adeleke.
Davido Net Worth
Davido is rated one of the richest and most influential in the Nigerian music industry with Naijanews.com as at February, 2019 put the Afrobeat singer’s net worth at $25 million dollars.