The type of food you eat determine your good and a healthy living. While is good to consume certain foods, it is equally advisable to avoid the consumption of certain foods that are considered inimical to the body.
In a simple language, I will use this post to reach out to many on the 20 ideal health and nutrition tips that are good for you for healthy living.
- Eat Enough of Vegetables and Fruits: Vegetables and fruits have been considered good food, fortified with pre-biotic fiber, vitamins, minerals and all kinds of antioxidants. Researches have shown that people who eat or consume much of vegetables and fruits live longer and have lower risk of heart disease, such obesity, diabetes and related diseases.
- Avoid Herbal Medication: Findings have shown that lots of people who take herbal intake cause problem for their kidneys an most cases give rise to other health related problems.
- Don’t consume too much Sugar:
Sugary drinks are considered the most fattening things you can put into your body. This is because liquid sugar calories don’t get registered by the brain in the same way as calories from solid foods.
Sugary drinks are strongly associated with obesity, type 2 diabetes, heart disease and all sorts of health problems.
Again, those who take fruit juices are at a high risk too of much sugar because the amount of antioxidants is not enough to prevent harmful effects of sugar.
- Eat Nuts
Though nuts are said to be very rich in fat, nuts are known to be highly nutritious and healthy. They are loaded with magnesium, vitamin E, fiber and various other nutrients.
Studies have in recent time reveal that nuts can help for weight lose and may help fight type 2 diabetes and heart disease. They can as well boost metabolism.
For instance, almonds are known to increase weight loss by 62%.
- Avoid Processed Junk Food:
Processed junk foods in the diet are known to have high concentration of fat, unhealthy ingredients like added sugar and refined grains which are dangerous to healthy living. They are also low in fiber, protein and micronutrients (empty calories).
- Take Coffee: Coffee is an ideal drink rich in antioxidants for healthy living. Drinkers of coffee have been proved to liver stronger and longer and have a reduced risk of type 2 diabetes and other related diseases.
- Obesity: This is pot-bellied or protruded belly considered unhealthy but avoidable. Victims of obesity should avoid alcohol consumption, junk foods that can trigger off the disease. However, those who suffer obesity should eat lots of vegetables and fruits and exercise daily to burn the accumulated fats.
- Eat Fatty Fish: Eat more of fish including a portion of oily fish and this very healthy for man. Cut down on saturated fat and sugar.
This is particularly true of fatty fish, like salmon, which is loaded with omega-3 fatty acids and various other nutrients. Studies have equally shown that people who eat more of fish have a lower risk of all kinds of diseases including heart disease and other related.
- Have Enough Sleep: Having enough rest sleep is as good as diet and exercise. It enhances your physical and mental well being and weight gain.
- Drink Enough Water: Drinking enough water can be very good with lots of health benefits especially before meals. One important factor, is that it can help boost the amount of calories you burn.
The best time to drink water is half an hour before meals. Half a liter of water, 30 minutes before each meal can be of help to weight loss by 44%.
- Eat Enough Proteinous Food: This is very important for healthy living. Protein is good for metabolism, weight loss and several different mechanisms like lower blood sugar and blood pressure levels.
- Learn to Tomato.Tomato is a superstar in the fruit and veggie pantheon. Tomatoes contain lycopene, and has been known to fight cancer. They’re also rich in vitamin C. The good news is that cooked tomatoes are also nutritious, so use them in pasta, soups and casseroles, as well as in salads.
- Taking A Walk: Taking a walk is considered one of the best things to do for mental and physical health. It is particularly effective and recommended for people with obesity as it reduces belly fat, the harmful type of fat that builds up around your organs. This will also lead to major improvements in metabolic health.
- Avoid Too Much of Red Meat: Red Meat can be nutritious and healthy part of a diet, because of its protein and other nutrients. Too much consumption can lead to the formation of harmful compounds that raise the risk of cancer. Rather, it is advisable to eat more of fish. Note also that, if you must eat your meat, just don’t overcook or burn it.
- Have A Regular Check-Up:Is the ideal thing to do for good health. Diabetes, high blood pressure patients are advised to visit their doctors on how to go about their drugs rather indulge in self medication. Also, women are advised to go on regular self-examinations of their breasts, which of course is recommended especially in the week after your period.
- Laugh.Having a good form of laughter is reputed to be good for you. Yes! laughter has been proven to help heal broken hearts and bodies, as well. Studies reveal that laughter boosts the immune system and helps the body to shake off allergic reactions
- Take Enough Vitamin C. This is very important for our healthy living. We need at least 90 mg of vitamin C per day and the best way to get this is by eating at least five fresh fruit and vegetables rich in vitamin C every day. So you need the oranges and guavas.
- Overweight Loss: Victims of overweight can overcome this problem by taking green tea and eating normally without necessarily damaging their health. They should also exercise daily to burn excess fat in their body.
- Use Extra Virgin Olive Oil: This is considered the healthiest fat on the planet. It is coated with heart-healthy monounsaturated fats and powerful antioxidants that can fight inflammation.
In addition, extra virgin olive oil leads to many beneficial effects on heart health, and people who consume olive oil have a much lower risk of dying from heart attacks and strokes.
- Minimize Your Intake of Added Sugar And Salt:
Added sugar and salt are the worst ingredients in the modern diet. Small amounts are fine, but when people eat or consume large amounts of sugar and salt, this can be dangerous to one’s health. The health hazards are many ranging from obesity, 2 diabetes, heart diseases and many forms of cancer.
- Avoid Smoking and Drinking Alcohol: Avoid smoking and drinking to stupor. If you must drink, do so in moderation or best if completely avoided. They are not the ideal things to cool off with for the sake of good health.
- Thanking God: Thanking God always for his healing power and sustenance of good health is the number one thing to every being on earth. Learn to submit your health unto God the Greatest healer for good and healthy living.
In summary, good health is the ideal thing that can ever happen to a man. If we truly observe the 20 ideal health tips above, we will continue to have good health for healthier living.