Helen Paul is one of the most celebrated Nigerian female comedians, singer, song writer radio and television presenter and events manager. She is an accomplished Philanthropist who has been of help to many small entrepreneurs in Nigeria.
Her Early Life
Helen was born on January 29 1978 in Lagos, but hails from Edo State Nigeria. She kick-started her career at a very tender age when she used to entertain her friends and neighbourhood with her songs and dancing.
Helen grew up in a very challenging circumstances, poor family background which probably engineered her work very hard to make it in life. And growing up under two strict disciplinarians was the needed platform that helped to groom and motivated her to greatness.
Helen Paul had her primary education in Omiyade and Jibowu High School, Maryland High School and eventually rounded up her secondary education at Bejide Memorial College all in Lagos State. She went further to obtain a Bachelor and Master’s degree in Theatre Arts from the University of Lagos in 2010 and 2012 respectively.
She also had certifications in Media Enterprise from the school of Media and Communications, a Pan-African University and Basic Presentation Certificate from Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN). She is currently a proud PhD student in Theatre Arts in the University of Lagos, Nigeria.
Helen is very versatile and good presenter at different media houses including the famous Lagos State Television Station (LTV), Continental Broadcasting Service (CBS), M-net, as co-presenter on Africa Magic Chanel 114 and others. M-net Africa Magic “JARA” is a social platform created to reach out to her numerous fans, revealing all you need to know about Nollywood movies, actress and actresses, the bad and the ugly, producers and directors as well as the pillars in the industry and their roles in the scenes.
Helen Paul has become very popular with her Radio programme “Wetin De” on Radio Continental 102 FM, Lagos. The programme is such an interesting and widely loved by her fans and this of course has earned her a nickname “Tatafo”, a brilliant comic societal issues presented as a satire.
Her Comedy Career
Helen’s comedy career came limelight when she worked at Eko Reelmix Studios, Radio Lagos/Eko FM as a front Desk manager and presenter. She is also a back-up and voiceover artiste and has embarked on music projects with music icons like Yinka Davies, P-square and many other music celebrities.
Helen is widely gifted and widely recognized comedian. This was aptly demonstrated when as an undergraduate of the University of Lagos, she was dragged to the stage by her close friends who knew her inherent talents then, to perform after the supposed stand-up comedian billed to perform refused to show up. Her brilliant and excellent performance was wonderful and received wide applause.
Helen is also a good and successful radio and television presenter with different programmes Tatafo jist on Naija FM aired between 9 and 10 in the morning and Comedy Drive Time with Tatafo on Metro Fm. This programme is presented every Monday between the hours of 4 and 6pm. The programme has been wonderful and entertaining people to laugh and forget their sorrows.
Like other celebrities, Helen has a number of endorsements which are sources of her huge earnings. She is:
- An Ambassador for INEC
- An Ambassador for Harpic Brand, a toilet washer manufacturer.
- An Ambassador for Communication Giant Globacom Nigeria
- And also a proud Ambassador for Gotv, a global television station owned by a South African Company, Multi choice.
Helen Paul is a recipient of many awards with just few to mention cut across different spheres of human endeavours. They include:
- Nigerian Broadcasters Merit Awards (NBMA) as outstanding Television presenter, (Female) Entertainment Talk Show.
- Advocate/Ambassador of Peace and Unity for a better and greener Nigeria.
- African Film Awards by Afro-Hollywood U.K) comedienne of the year.
- City People Entertainment Magazine Award (Female Comedian of the year).
- Exquisite Lady of the year (Exquisite Magazine) Female tv presenter of the year.
- Rotaract Club Award – as outstanding Female Comedian of the year.
- National Institute for Cultural Orientation Merit Award in recognition of support for Children’s initiative and several others.
Helen is reputed to have large collection of movies to her credit including
- The Place: Chronicle of the Book
- Osas: Omoge Benin, a comic drama
- Mama Put lead role
- A wish lead role – A lady who battles cancer and many others.
Her Personal Life
Helen is married and the union is blessed with two children – two boys
She is on instagram handle itshelenpaul
Her Net Worth
Helen is a multiple award winner, highly gifted, well read and highly talented with a net worth of over $1 million dollars.