Toke Makinwa is a Nigerian radio personality, television host, vlogger, and bestselling author of a book “On Becoming”.
She was born on 3 November 1984 in Lagos. She lost her parents at a tender age of eight. She is reputed for co-hosting ‘The Morning Drive’ on Rhythm 93.7 FM and her YouTube vlog series ‘Toke Moments’.
Toke had her primary school education in Lagos state and the Federal Government College, Ogbomosho in Oyo state.
She later went to the University of Lagos where she bagged a Bachelor’s degree in English Language and Literature.
Toke got a job with Zenith Bank immediately graduation. She was however not satisfied inspite of the exotic bank job and quitted it for radio presentation in 1999.
She eventually made a breakthrough after she got a job with Rhythm 97.3fm as On Air Personality.
She is beautiful, creative, and exceptionally talented Nigerian lady. Many Nigerian celebrities such as Tiwa Savage, Basketmouth, Ay, Tonto Dikeh and Bez have been on the numerous shows hosted by Toke Makinwa.
- 2012 On Air Personality of the year (Radio) at the Future Awards.
- 2013 Outstanding Female Presenter of the year Awards at the Nigeria Broadcasters Awards.
- 2013 nominee for Radio On Air Personality of the year at the Nigerian Entertainment Awards.
- 2014 nominee for Favourite Nigerian On Air Personality at Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards.
- Nominee for entertainment Personality of the year.
- 2014 best on Air Personality of the year
- 2014 Brand Ambassador (Maggi) at ELOY Awards.
Toke Makinwa was the host of the most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria Beauty Pageant in 2010.
On 21 May 2014, it was reported that Makinwa will be joining the Moments with Mo team as a guest host. She has since featured in many episodes on the EbonyLife TV Network.
Toke Makinwa is such a versatile young woman with several endorsement deals with big companies. They include:
- An Ambassador of the United Africa Company of Nigeria in company of Dare Art Alade, Dan Foster and Osas Ighodaro.
- Also signed a multimillion Naira deal with Nestle Nigeria to wear a new look of Maggi
- An ambassador for Mecran Cosmetics to become a new face brand.
- An Ambassador for Payporte Global Systems Ltd, an On-line Shopping and retail brand.
Toke Makinwa is the author of a Book titled: “On Becoming”. Is a book released to tell a story of her struggle in life after the death of her parents at the age of 8 years.
The book also brought out the issues that led to the breakdown of her marriage and widely believed to be the bestselling book both nationally and internationally.
Her Personal Life
On 15 January 2014, Makinwa had a private wedding ceremony with her lover of eight years, Maje Ayida.
On October 2017, the marriage came to an abrupt end and was subsequently aborted by Igbosere High Court and following an allegation that her husband impregnated his ex-girlfriend.
Her Net Worth
Toke Makinwa is a renowned broadcaster, highly talented and rated very rich with an estimated net worth of about $2 million dollars.