She was born on September 5, 1985 in Accra, Ghana to a Greek father and Ghanaian mother.
Nikki had her primary and secondary education in Accra, Ghana for her first and secondary school certificates respectively.
She later went to Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology in Ghana, to have a Bachelor’s degree in Television Production, specializing in Editing and Animation.
Her Acting Career
Nikki Samonas began her acting career in 2005 picking roles in Ghanaian and Nollywood movies.
She acted her first movie “My First Wife”, a movie she starred alongside Jim Iyke and Rita Dominic and shot her to fame and recognition in the movie industry. This gave her roles in several movies, some of which include:
• Don Caritas
• Beyonce 1
• Beyonce 2
• War of Roses
• Desperate Measure
• Red Label
• Love and Bullets
• DNA Test
• Potato Potahto
• 40 and Single
• V Republic
• The Will
Nikki has also starred in a number of television series like “Ladies and Gentlemen”, produced by Makers of “Things We Do For Love”, a television series she also featured in. She also played lead roles in movies like “Beyonce the President Daughter” in 2008 and ”Pretty Queen” in 2009 respectively.
Nikki is beautiful, creative, skillful and highly talented actress, known for good interpretation of roles in movies. She can as well take any character assigned her and she does this very well. This uniqueness in her acting not only gives her roles in movies but attract multinational companies for which she features in their commercials.
Nikki Samonas is known to feature with top Ghanaian and Nollywood celebrities like Van Vicker, Yvonnel Nelson, Jackie Appiah, John Dumelo, Majid Michel, Ini Edo, Tonto Dikeh, Jim Iyke, Clem Ohameze, Ken Erics and many others. She features prominently in most romantic movies.
In 2015, the versatile Ghanaian on-screen superstar directed her first project, a short movie, “Love At the Time of Odwira”. She was the presenter on the African Movie Review show, produced by Farmhouse Productions between 2010 and 2011.
Nikki is also a model and has modeled for big companies like Fashion Designer “Chris Aire” in Hollywood and the United States of America in 2011.
Awards and Nominations
Nikki Samonas has in the course of her acting profession received several awards and nominations. They include:
• 2011 Nominee for Best Supporting Actress at the City People Entertainment Awards.
• 2014 Nominated for Best Short Movie “Love At the Time of Odwira” at the Ghana Movie Awards.
• 2015 nominated for Best Short Movie also at the Ghana Movie Awards.
• 2016 Nominee for Best Lead Actress in a Comedy Series at the Ghana Movie Awards.
• 2016 nominated for Golden Actress (TV Series) at the Golden Movie Awards.
• 2019 nominated Best Actress Africa at New Vision International Film Festival.
• 2019 honoured at the 3 G Awards in New York for her contribution to Ghanaian moive and entertainment industry.
• 2020 won Outstanding Personality of the year at the Social Media Entertainment Awards.
Nikki has also hosted events, both local and international including:
• Host of 2019 Womens Choice Awards
• Host of 2019 Golden Movie Awards Africa
• Host of 2019 Glitz Style Awards
Her Net Worth
Nikki Samonas is currently a force to reckon with in Ghana movie industry, rated one of the richest and most influential with a net worth of about $300,000 dollars.