African football has come of age and African footballers are currently doing very well, earning big money in Europe countries, competing favourably with their counterparts.
They are not only making fabulous money for themselves, they also project good image of the African continent, win laurels and stimulate their countries’ economy, thus making the top Clubs to engage their services in order to win their European titles.
In this post, we shall bring you top 10 African footballers in Europe who are exceptionally good, earning fantastic amount of hard currencies as well as doing Africa proud.
Achieving this task is not by highest earning alone, rather by number of goals scored, top clubs and earnings.
The top 10 African footballers and their net worth are:
1. Asamoah Gyan is one of the top 10 African footballers in Europe and the Captain of Ghanaian National team.
He joined the Chinese Club on a 2 year deal with Shanghai in 2016. The Ghanaian born superstar is rated a brilliant African player in FIFA ranking alongside World football stars like Christiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi with about £300,000 in a week.
2. Mohammed Salah who currently plays for Liverpool FC no doubt is one of the top 10 African footballers. He is an aggressive forward and midfielder who is always hungry for goals.
Salah is an Egyptian talented player who won the highest goal scorer in the English Premier league. He plays for top Club and maintains top scorer on the Europe Sports Chat and earns over £120K in a week.
3. John Michel Obi is also one of the best players that made the list of top 10 African footballers in Europe.
He is the captain of the Nigerian National team, the Super Eagles and currently serves in his new club Tianjin TEDA as midfielder.
Michel was an exceptional African player for Chelsea winning the Champions league and the Barclays Premier league before joining the current Club in China. He earns about £140,000 in a week.
4. Victor Osimhen of Nigeria in his early 20. Recently, the Nigerian football star, transferred to the Italian Serie-A side, Napoli. This is one of the most expensive African footballer transfers in European football. Victor Osimhen who signed until June 2025 as new Napoli player is currently the man to watch in European league.
According to Fabrizio Romano, Osimhen would join Napoli from Lille, for the tune of €50 million+ add-ons to Lille, and he would sign a contract with the Naples side. This would keep him in Italy until 2025.
Osimhen is also expected to earn €5 million Euros a year (an average of £96K per week) in wages, image rights and bonuses which would make him one of the highest-earning Nigerian footballer in Europe.
To many football fans and key players in the sports arena, this is a deserved fee for Osimhen after scoring 13 goals in 27 league games for Lille in the 2019/20 season.
5. Sadio Mane is another good African player who makes the top 10 African footballers.
He hails from Senegal and plays for Liverpool FC as a winger. The highly talented player with lots of dribbling skills was nominated among the African Best players for the year 2018.
He wears the No. 10 shirt for Senegal and Liverpool respectively and currently signed a whopping sum contract that will expire in 2022.
6. Odion Ighalo who recently transferred to Manchester United on loan from the Chinese Super League side Shangai Shenshua, is becoming one of the rare Nigerian talents to play for Manchester United.
Since his transfer, Ighalo has emerged a fan favorite with the English Premier League side, netting a total of 5 goals in 17 games for Manchester United so far.
His weekly earnings of £125,000 make him one of the highest-paid African-Nigerian footballers in Europe.
7. Pierre Emerick Aubameyang is another star that made the top 10 African footballers in Europe.
Pierre is from Gabon who currently plays as striker for top Arsenal FC. He formally played for Borrusia Dortmund and 2015 African Best player of the year.
Pierre is rated one of the African stars to watch in the English Premier League season that will make the top goal scorer. He collects a fantastic sum of over £80K a week.
8. Victor Moses also made the list of top 10 African footballers in Europe. He is currently on loan from Chelsea at Inter Milan, shares a spot with Nigerian counterpart, Wilfred Ndidi.
He joined Chelsea in 2012 after he was signed from Wigan Atheltic. He is one of the few African footballers to win both the Premier League and a European title.
Moses earns as much as £100,000 a week.
9. kalidou Koulibaly: rated one of the most vibrant, most sought after and most talented African players that made the list of top 10 African footballers in Europe.
He is a Senegalese professional and defender for Napoli. He recently won the Senegalese best player of the year beating Sadio Mane to win the award.
The young talented Senegalese is a successful defender with good records topping Europe 5 leagues. Many top Clubs in Europe have been hunting to sign him but had their bids turned down.
He is one of the highest paid African footballers in Europe with over £75,000 a week.
10. Wilfred Ndidi: is a young talented Nigerian defensive midfielder with Leicester City who also made the list of top 10 African footballers.
The young Ndidi joined the EPL side for a £17 million deal from Belgian Club Genk.
Ndidi has not only represented his national team, the Super eagles severally in international competitions, but attracts interest from bigger clubs in Europe.
He has become one of the most vibrant and well known defensive midfielders in European Football with about £75,000 a Week.