Eating good food is what is required for the promotion of good and healthy life style. It does not only give energy but makes one to be resistant to body attacks and diseases.
Again, there are some foods we need to avoid, if we must have happiness and healthier living. In this post, I will use a very simple language to bring out some recommended food to eat and avoid in order to have a healthier living.
The recommended food to eat and avoid are as follow:
- Consume Whole Milk: This does not only reduce saturated fat in your diet, it shaves off calories. Consume less of non-fat milk like yoghurt and ice cream and this will go a long way to stepping down fat in your body.
- Eat More Of Vegetables And Fruits Daily: This is a nutrient-packed way to fill your plate that is low in calories. If you have not been eating much of vegetables and fruits, start or keep track of how often you eat them now. For instance, consume lettuce and spinach. Fresh vegetables such as carrots, sprouts, leafy greens, tomatoes, cucumber, onions, cabbage and a host of other raw and uncooked produce are the greatest source of minerals and the second greatest source of all vitamins.
- Another recommended food to eat is nuts and seeds: Almonds, cashews, filberts, hazenuts, peanuts, pecans and pistachios pack all have plenty of beneficial nutrients including vitamin E, folic acid, potassium and fibre. Oil foods such as nuts, seeds, olives, avocadoes and coconuts are among the rich, healthy fats that are important to a healthy diet.
Though many nuts are high in fat, the fat is said to be mainly unsaturated – a great choice to help you eat healthy. In addition, nuts are high in calories, so it’s best to enjoy them in place of other snacks.
- Carbohydrates are important nutrients: But it advisable to pay attention to the size and number of servings you eat.
- Juices Made from Vegetables: As less energy is expended in assimilating it, freshly squeezed juice from vegetable is thus, super-living foods. Through prompt drinking of extracted juice from fruits and vegetables we can feed all our cells richly and save most of the energy our body use to separate the juices from the solids.
- Pure Water: Pure water is vital to the body. Water they say has no enemy. Drink a generous amount daily ranging from eight glasses of water every day.
- Natural, Raw, Unprocessed Honey: Is one of the best sweeteners available and recommended food to eat. It has miraculous nutritional and medical properties that have been used for healing purposes. It has been well established that most centenaries (individuals of 100 years of age and above) used honey liberally in their diets.
Haven discussed extensively the recommended food to eat, there are some foods that need to be avoided for healthier living. They include:
- Avoid high consumption of Red Meat: this is mostly directed to adults. Study from U.S. National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute revealed that high level of gut-generated chemical called Trimethylamine N-oxide is a good reason while men should consume less of red meat. This is a dietary bye-product that is formed by gut bacteria during digestion and linked to heart disease. The TMAO is part of nutrients that are abundant in red meat.
- Eat food with less salt . To those who must add salt before eating any food, it is advisable avoid this to help you eat health. If you can abstain for two good days without eating salt, good for you especially high blood pressure patients.
- Excessive Consumption of Soft drinks: should be discouraged.
- Avoid junk foods, White sugar, White flour, Alcohol, Nicotine and caffeine and Soft drinks. When we eat raw fruits and raw vegetables, they leave an alkaline normal range, while when we eat animal products we are left with an acid residue which is dangerous to the health.
In conclusion, recommended food to eat and to avoid for healthier living could only be obtained by eating right. That is by eating living foods rather than cooked foods acidic foods which are mostly devoid of living enzymes and vitamins.
There is a maxim which says “Eat your food as medicine or else you will eat medicine as food”. Again, Health they say is wealth. Our health is traceable to our diet since cooked or unhealthy food we take, destroy all enzymatic activities in it and is the cause of diseases and sicknesses we experience.
It is my earnest hope that you will begin to eat right and avoid certain acidic based foods to boost your immune system (self-healing mechanism) inside of you and to help you have a healthier living.